Kat in Cali

Serving in the California San Fernando Mission

Monday, June 6, 2016

A Week of Firsts!



Hello again!

We had another week of working hard, and studying, and trying to find the people whom God has prepared to hear the gospel. It's been a really good one!

We had a zone training this week on planning sessions, and how we really can be led by the Spirit as we plan for the next day. This is God's work, after all, and He will guide us if we let Him. :) So my companion and I have been trying to pray for guidance and invite the spirit into our planning sessions each night, and we've been able to see how the Spirit helps us to know what we should do. :) That's something wonderful to experience. :)

I've had some exciting "firsts" to share with you all this week:

-First zone training meeting! As mentioned above, I learned a lot!

-First time ordering food in Spanish! It was lots of fun. :) We stopped at this little taco place, and got to speak to everyone in Spanish, and the food was delicious!

-First time trying papusas! They're a Salvadorean dish, and everyone loves them.... me included. :) I'll try to send pictures in a minute. :)

-First time being offered alcohol! We were eating dinner with an investigator, and he meant well, but we haven't discussed the Word of Wisdom yet. :) Don't worry though, he also had soda for us. :)

All in all, it's been a great week. :) I've really been able to see how Heavenly Father loves all of His children. :) He truly is our Father, and He loves us and knows us, each of us, individually. :) He has a plan for all of us, so even when things don't make sense, we can trust Him, and rely on Him, and He will help us to be happy. :) 

I love you all, and I'm so grateful for your support and prayers. :) Keep being amazing!

I love you!!!

Love, 
Hermana Katherine Jensen :)



Papusas!


No comments:

Post a Comment