Things are still just keeping on in the Great San Fernando Valley, and I hope you've all had a Merry Christmas, and soon a happy new year! It definitely doesn't feel like Christmas here, since we can comfortably walk outside without a jacket… I'm still bundled up but that's because I'm me. :)
So, Christmas Eve, we got together with half the mission and had a big Christmas devotional. Hermana Starke sang a solo of "Oh Holy Night", and absolutely killed it! We also sang "Silent Night" with Elder Mahlum and Elder Smith, two of the elders in our district, but their voices cracked at the same time about halfway through..... Everyone died laughing. :)
In honor of the Christmas devotional, my companion forced me to wear makeup. It was kind of hilarious to see everyone's face when they saw me.... The missionaries all said it looked good, but the members just said it was weird. ;) I'll definitely leave that one on the shelf for a while.... :)
Us + la familia Calderon!
So, Christmas Eve, we got together with half the mission and had a big Christmas devotional. Hermana Starke sang a solo of "Oh Holy Night", and absolutely killed it! We also sang "Silent Night" with Elder Mahlum and Elder Smith, two of the elders in our district, but their voices cracked at the same time about halfway through..... Everyone died laughing. :)
In honor of the Christmas devotional, my companion forced me to wear makeup. It was kind of hilarious to see everyone's face when they saw me.... The missionaries all said it looked good, but the members just said it was weird. ;) I'll definitely leave that one on the shelf for a while.... :)
Christmas in the mission was a little different, to say the least. :) It definitely still feels like early fall here, but everyone was wishing us merry Christmas and being pretty friendly, so that was good fun. :)
We got to go caroling with the missionaries in our district, too, and it was so great! People absolutely loved it. :) It happened to be raining, though, and by the end Hermana Starke and I were soaked.... We just kind of shivered and shot dirty looks at the elders in their warm shoes and long pants. ;) They had to bike home, though, so we ended up about even. :)
We've been dealing with a lot of drama right now, which is kind of par for the course for a Spanish ward... I love these people a lot, and it keeps life exciting. :) And we've been blessed with some really incredible people to teach, which is really humbling. :)
I know that this church is true, and I know that God really does direct us. He loves each one of us, and He will always be here to catch us when we fall. He is in command, and He loves us, so we never have a reason to fear. :) I love you all, and I hope you have a happy new year!
Love,
Hermana Jensen :)
Hermana Jensen :)
Christmas pajamas ft. my feet :)



No comments:
Post a Comment