Kat in Cali

Serving in the California San Fernando Mission

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Crazy Week, Crazy Miracles

Hello, all! Happy New Year!!!!! This week has been all over the place, so I think my best bet is just to use bullet points. Bear with me. :)

Alright, things that have happened in the last 7 days:
  • 2017! That's a thing, and I'm really excited for another year in this amazing and sometimes crazy world. :) We celebrated by going to bed early and trying to ignore the wild party upstairs. Our walls are kinda thin, though.... ;) I hope it's a good year for all of you!
  • Fire! Like, the telephone pole outside of our apartment caught on fire. At maybe 6:30 in the morning. I called 911, and the fire department came, and it was all just one big adventure. :) Everyone's fine, though, and the only bad thing was that our power went out for a few hours. We went and did our morning studies in another sister's apartment, which was kinda fun. :) 
  • Ana and Jose committed to baptism! They're honestly the sweetest people ever, and I'm so, so excited for them. :) It will be the 21st, so send prayers their way and watch for pictures!
  • We got food at this Thai place, and they gave us free coconut ice cream. It was SO GOOD. We will definitely be heading back. :)
  • A sewage line in our apartment broke, so our whole complex smells like a portapotty.... It is disgusting. We will be raiding the febreeze aisle today for sure. :)
  • We have everything set up for Kimberly's baptism on the 14th! Her parents just need to get married, and then they should be following close behind. Prayers for them would be appreciated, too. :)
  • Last but not least... I hit my halfway mark! I am officially over the hill, and to be honest, I'm kind of bummed. I love my mission, and I never want it to end. I still have 9 amazing months, though, and I'll be sure to make the most of them by serving with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. :)
Love and prayers to all! I miss you!
Love,
Hermana Jensen :)



Katherine told us that the Bishop (her pastor) has basically adopted them. We met him via Facebook Live on Christmas and he told us (en espanol) that "His family grew when Hermana Jensen arrived." 


Hermana Starke, Hermana Jensen, Bishop and his family



No comments:

Post a Comment