Hello again! It's been another great week here in the San Fernando Valley!
This week, I've really become aware of how much God is involved in missionary work. He loves us all so much, and He wants us to find and teach His children. And we see His hand in our lives every day as His servants. :)
Almost everyone here is Christian, and at first when talking with them it was very easy to just talk about Jesus Christ, and how His teachings can help us. We would tell people we had a message about Jesus, and they'd say, "Oh, wonderful! I'm Catholic". And then they would listen, and say thank you, and move on.
But I was reading Preach My Gospel, our handbook, and it said that we should make sure to talk about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ every chance we get, since it's our unique message to the world. And... it's a little scary to do that. Everyone wants to talk about Jesus, and they're happy when we share a message about Him. But when we say that the gospel was lost after His death, and brought back to the Earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith, they disagree. And it's scary. :)
But as I tried to share more about the Restoration with everyone we talked to, I came to realize that this is what people need to hear. Because if the gospel of Jesus Christ really was restored to the Earth, then they need to change the way they act. They need to start following the prophet of God, and accept HIs word as revelation from God.
I know that The Gospel was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. And I know that today we have a living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, because I have read it, and prayed about it, many times. I know that God is not silent, and has not changed. He will always answer prayers, He will always reveal His truth to the world, and He will always be a God of miracles. :)
I'm so grateful to be sharing this message with the world. :) I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Katherine Jensen :)

New Missionary Training

New Missionary Training
No comments:
Post a Comment