Note from Katherine's Mom (Jennifer): Katherine went to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo last week. She is in an intensive Spanish Language immersion program and she is learning how to serve as a missionary. There are more than 3,000 missionaries at the Provo MTC from around the world learning over 50 languages. I'll try to explain some Missionary vocabulary: Missionaries travel two by two- they are called "Companions". They are organized into "Districts" and "Zones". The people they teach about the Gospel are called "Investigators." She watched our church's Semi-Annual General Conference Broadcast. As a Spanish speaking missionary, her title is "Hermana" (Sister) Jensen. She will be at the MTC for the next 5 weeks.
Katherine's First Letter:
Hello, everyone! I love and miss you all, but the MTC is wonderful! I seriously have the best companion, Hermana Luthy, and she helps me to work hard at Spanish and gospel study. :)
Driving to the MTC
At the MTC!
Katherine's First Letter:
Hello, everyone! I love and miss you all, but the MTC is wonderful! I seriously have the best companion, Hermana Luthy, and she helps me to work hard at Spanish and gospel study. :)
This week has been full of hard work, but the spirit is so strong in the MTC, and I just love being here! General Conference was especially amazing in the MTC. I feel like I got so much out of it, especially in my discussions with my district!
My district has eight people: Hermana Luthy, me, Hermana Wilkins, Hermana Howard, Elder Transtrum, Elder Aguilar, Elder Cook, and Elder Bingham. We're all very different people, but we already get along super well! We say every day that we're a family; brothers and sisters in the Lord. :) I have lots of pictures, but not lots of skill with technology, so that might have to wait....
It's amazing how long each day feels, but how happy we are, too. Learning Spanish is wonderful, but kind of hard... the teachers basically just speak Spanish at us and we try really hard to keep up. :) Oh, but guess what? We've taught our investigator, Victor, twice now, and it actually went pretty well! In our second lesson he agreed to pray and read the Book of Mormon, and he said the closing prayer, and Hermana Luthy and I basically jumped up and down afterwards. :) It was so exciting, and the spirit was so strong!
Honestly, every single day here is just full of study and more study, with Spanish, the gospel, and then more Spanish! I love it, though. :) I've been learning a lot about the Spirit, and how vital it is for teaching and learning about the gospel. I'm so grateful to be here, and so happy to be serving the Lord! I love you all!
I'll talk with you more next week!
Love,
Hermana Katherine Jensen :)
Ps. Excuse any spelling errors; I think I've forgotten how to speak English... :) Love you all!



No comments:
Post a Comment